I started with a blazer and a pair of pants that I picked up from a local thrift store. I distressed both pieces by cutting little bits off from the seams, scraping the fabric with sharp scissors, and cutting small holes. Then I used Heat and Bond to adhere patches and used embroidery floss to "sew" around the outside of each patch. I threw them in the wash to complete my distressed look! For just a few dollars, I achieved a very "Frank" worthy wardrobe. :)
Then it was on to constructing the head of Frankenstein. I started with a McDonald's Happy Meal pail. It fit perfectly on Kason's head and he actually liked wearing it around the house, so it was a win/win situation.
I cut a piece of polar fleece to cover the outside of the pail and used Fabri-Tac to glue the ends together creating a cylinder. Next, I cut out a piece of black craft fur and used hot glue to glue the fur around the top of pail. I cut the side pieces for the hat and attached them with Fabri-Tac and used a piece of Velcro to attach it under Kason's chin. I finished it off with black stitches and little, wooden knobs that were painted silver and hot glued onto the sides for Frank's bolts. Then I just slipped the hat onto the pail and hot glued around the edges to hold it in place.
My little Frankenstein
Have a wonderful start to your week! I'll see you all on Tuesday for Sutch an Inspiration!